Talent. Drive. Compassion. You’ve got it. Now bring it.
For New Graduate Registered Nurses and Experienced RNs New to the Operating Room
PONI Training Details
- Paid training based on AORN’s Periop 101 Modules and is a combination of classroom, clinical labs and clinical experience in the operating room
- 5 month, hands-on training and preceptorship
- Eligible for benefits after 31 days of employment
- Gain perioperative experience within a HealthONE hospital
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with skilled Perioperative Nurse Preceptors and Mentors/Leaders
- Position within a HealthONE operating room upon successful training completion, followed by two-year full time commitment of employment
- Customized coaching and onboarding
- Regular development meetings between the student, the preceptor and PONI director
- Realistic hospital Operating Room based scenarios using high-fidelity simulation, equipment and processes from our facilities. Practice how nursing care will look and feel in the safety of a sim lab
- Access to an e-learning library
- Meditech training and validation
- All new graduate RNs continue on to the HCA Nurse Residency Program for ongoing support and education tailored specifically to individual’s needs throughout the remainder of the year up to 18 months
- Current BSN RN degree from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing school
- Current RN license must be obtained by residency start date
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
What is the process for being considered for the residency?
To be considered, you must apply online and you must have PONI requirements by the start date. In addition, you must include your resume and letter of intent about why you’re specifically interested in starting in the Operating Room. You can apply before you have your degree or RN license or certain certifications, however you must be able to complete them prior to the start date.
How do I know which hospital I’ll be working? Can I choose?
We ask that you determine your top 3 hospital choices during the time of interview. Final placement is determined at the time of job offer and it is based on your preference as well as the hiring manager choice. The following HealthONE hospitals participate in our PONI training:
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Medical Center of Aurora
- Swedish Medical Center
- Rose Medical Center
- Presbyterian St. Luke’s and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
- North Suburban Medical Center
What is the process for being hired on a permanent basis?
Upon successful completion of the PONI training, you would be offered a full time position in one of our six acute care facilities, most likely the facility where you completed your clinical training. Whether or not you successfully complete the PONI training is based off your performance and attendance.
Where is the five month training being held?
Clinical training will take place at the respective hospital in the operating room. Any clinical orientation, classroom education, certifications and high-fidelity simulation take place in the HCA Continental Division HealthONE Center for Clinical Advancement located at the Chase Tower at 333 W Hampden Ave, Englewood, CO 80110.
What are the hours for the training?
Residents are required to work 36 hours each week, varied schedule. First week is orientation and clinical shifts begin on week 2. Shifts and schedules vary significantly depending on facility. Eligible nurses must be able to work nights and/or weekends. No time off will be permitted during the five month training period.
Still have questions? Please contact:
Like us on Facebook! @HealthONECareers