This job posting is no longer active.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Housekeeping EVS Tech with Las Palmas Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Las Palmas Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Housekeeping EVS Tech to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor, cleans and maintains assigned areas in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition. Ensures that these activities are performed and in accordance with local codes and legislation, JCAHO guidelines and requirements, and facility policies and procedures.
- Sets up carts with all supplies and equipment according to specifications.
- Changes curtains, and cubicle curtains as assigned.
- Cleans stairwells, elevators, and baseboards.
- Cleans water fountains.
- Cleans restrooms and replenishes essentials.
- Cleans working equipment.
- Collects and disposes of trash. Also picks up trash and debris from hospital garage, grounds, and parking areas as assigned.
- Damp-wipes furniture and fixtures with germicidal solution.
- Dust mops floors.
- High-dusts vents, cabinets, and other furnishings.
- Locks doors after completion of work.
- Prepares chemicals and germicidal solutions according to formula and label instructions.
- Moves equipment and furniture for relocation of offices, asking for assistance when needed.
- Moves equipment and furniture for cleaning and rearrangement, asking for assistance when needed.
- Operates electric floor/carpet machines and various types of sweepers.
- Picks up necessary supplies. Scrubs, strips, and polishes floors with electric floor machine.
- Shampoos furniture, carpets, and rugs.
- Spray-buffs floors with floor machine.
- Strips and refinishes floors.
- Takes soiled mops to central linen room in plastic bags.
- Washes walls, windows, and furniture.
- Washes I.V. stands and wheelchairs.
- Wet-mops floors with germicidal solution.
- Wears protective clothing in Surgery, Isolation or other areas as necessary.
- Observes all safety standards and uses safety work techniques at all times.
- Attends all training sessions and meetings as scheduled.
- Instructs and trains employees in the use of new equipment and cleaning methods.
- Performs individually or as a member of groups assigned tasks during emergencies, such as fires, snow removal or disasters.
- Consistently is on time and ready to work at start shift; does not take advantage of sick time or personal days. Takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences.
- Performs additional duties as may be necessary to fulfill the hospital’s obligations.
- Always appears well groomed and observes the hospital dress code.
- Responds to requests from patients, physicians and visitors in a courteous and efficient manner, always demonstrates positive interpersonal skills.
- Promotes positive customer service with internal and external customers. Uses AIDET when entering patient rooms.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- One-year experience in a general housekeeping environment.
Las Palmas Medical Center is a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region’s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women’s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Housekeeping EVS Tech opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.