This job posting is no longer active.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Program Coordinator with Augusta Bariatrics you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Augusta Bariatrics, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Augusta Bariatrics family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Program Coordinator to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Program Coordinator for our practice who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
- Makes a positive impression on customers by behaving in ways that are warm, welcoming, professional and helpful.
- Displays mutual Respect for patients, physicians, team members, visitors, and family/significant others.
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence via keeping interior and exterior surroundings clean and orderly; dressing professionally and displaying team member identification badge at collar level; presenting in a positive light to others; and providing constructive criticism in order to improve Memorial.
- Behaves in a trustful manner by communicating openly and honestly; following through with assignments; behaving in a fair and consistent manner; and supporting teamwork at all levels of the organization.
- Strives to exceed patient satisfaction expectations, quality, and financial benchmarks.
- Initiates and manages patient education process. Ensures patient has completed required education and training classes. Throughout patient care process responsible for responding to all patient questions by phone, email and secure messaging. This responsibility includes timely completion of medical records and other documentation as appropriate.
- Supervises the coordination of all aspects of the Bariatric Program. This responsibility includes coordination of multidisciplinary team responsibilities and management of all aspects of the patient’s progression through the program from initial contact to post-surgical care. Provides direction, guidance and training to Memorial Health and office staff on management of bariatric patients. Manages all education programs for nursing, radiology, and transport staff as required by Center of Excellence guidelines. Insures that Memorial maintains and uses appropriate equipment for bariatric patients in all patient care areas. Schedules and manages quarterly Bariatric Management Committee meetings to collect input for all clinical and support staff.
- Assists in medical report preparation and maintains practice database. Ensures that program database is updated with all patient data to meet all BOLD (Bariatric Outcome Longitudinal Database) requirements as dictated by Center of Excellence (COE) requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining the repository of clinical guidelines and SOP’s required to meet Center of Excellence guidelines. Develops and manages postoperative patient support group activities to help insure that patients comply with treatment guidelines.
- Performs related work as required.
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct, Mission, and Value Statements.
What Qualifications you will need:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling OR in an accredited Nursing Program Required.
- Previous management experience, including running a department, formulating policy, managing budgets and setting goals. Previous experience developing and running a clinical program or business. 5 years of experience preferred.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) OR BSN Degree with Nursing License in state of residency - required
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Program Coordinator opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.