Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At HCA Florida North Florida Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN PACU and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
HCA Florida North Florida Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN PACU opening and continue to learn!
We are seeking a PACU RN to join our healthcare team. Your primary function is to care for adult and pediatric patients prior to surgery and those who have received anesthesia, including: local with sedation, regional, general, or spinal. You will work with a phenomenal team that cares like family and works together in a collaborative manner.
In this role you will:
· Demonstrate knowledge and application of the nursing process in the peri-operative setting.
· Monitor the patient’s medical condition and report any significant changes to the physician or anesthesiologist/CRNA.
· Explain nursing procedures and actions taken to patient.
· Assess, collaborate and coordinate patient’s discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with other members of the care team.
· Instruct patients in self-care techniques following the procedure.
· Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing Required, Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card required
· ACLS-American Heart Association ACLS Provider issued card required
· PALS-American Heart Association PALS Provider issued card required
· ASPAN preferred
· Acute care experience preferred
· Critical Care or PACU experience preferred
HCA Florida North Florida Hospital is a 523-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center. For over 49 years, we have served North Central Florida. We offer comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, and neurosciences. We offer minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment. Other services that we provide include women’s health and wound therapy. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission and certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. Our hospital has an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American College of Cardiology) and is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. We are committed to patient safety and quality of care. We have received the highest scores available in recognition of this commitment.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN PACU opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.