This job posting is no longer active.
HCA Florida North Florida Hospital is a 510 bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida for over 49 years. HCA Florida North Florida Hospital offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women’s health and wound therapy, among other services. HCA Florida North Florida Hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American College of Cardiology), and is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. HCA Florida North Florida Hospital has also received the highest scores available recognizing their commitment to patient safety and quality of care.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Student Loan Assistance
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
And much more!
Bariatric Service – Clinic Dietitian
Monday- Friday (Days)
Registered Dietician, Licensed Dietician
Minimum 1 – 3 years related experience
The Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery Center is an outpatient department of North Florida Regional Medical Center that is accredited by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery as a Comprehensive Metabolic and Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Candidate needs to be knowledgeable of general nutrition and nutritional therapy recommendations for various stages of the life cycle, various disease states, and bariatric surgery patients. This person will be responsible for educating patients on the nutritional care pre and post-surgery and insures patient’s comprehension.
Our Clinic Dietician (RD, LD) responsibilities include:
· Assesses patient nutritional status and plans proper nutritional therapy including recommendation for protein, vitamins and minerals according to nutritional guidelines for clinical nutrition practice for bariatrics.
· Works with Director and Medical Director on Service Line Improvement Projects
· Coordinates and facilitates Social Media Initiatives
· Responsible for reviewing and updating all nutrition education material and participating in marketing efforts.
· Monitors, researches and makes recommendation on industry changes
· Identify need, develop and perform training and education for patients and hospital staff
· Collaboration with interdisciplinary hospital department team members, community customers and representatives
· Manage multiple priorities
· Conduct patient education including but not limited to nutritional evaluation/assessment and ongoing nutritional intervention according to established standards of practice and within departmental guidelines.
· Communicate effectively with surgeons regarding patient progress and/or complications
· Coordinates and facilitates patient support initiatives.
Clinic open hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. This position occasionally requires availability outside clinic open hours to accommodate community events and outreach such as support group meetings.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.