HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-centered care.
- Exercises judgement and provides direction regarding patient care assignments using established policies/procedures.
- Operationalizes evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes.
- Supports the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Reflects core values when interacting with co-workers, patients, family members, and others in the community to foster an environment where employees are engaged and where patient care is unparalleled.
- Ensures compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other leaders to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Leads in a way that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members. Provides coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance and engagement.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively superior organization
- Resolves and/or channels employee grievances, disputes, or concerns according to appropriate procedures. Escalates issues as needed.
- Supports physician partnerships.
- Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment
- Paid family leave
And much more!
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Nursing or RN Diploma required
- Bachelor degree in Nursing preferred
- A minuimum of 1 year of experience
Licensure, Certifications, Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 90 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Behaviors
- Honors our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
- Communicates with Impact: Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results
- Attains and Leverages Strategic Relationships: Ability to develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of HCA.
- Leads and Develops Others: Ability to lead others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives, to provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams, and to drive employee engagement.
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of our patients, employees, providers, community, and HCA.
- Achieves Success through Change: Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance, and enable desired behaviors.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical expertise
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Tactful communication skills and the ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Supervision, delegation, conflict management and team building skills.
- Flexible and resourceful and able to make decisions quickly
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.