Sign-On for Eligible Candidates!
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, is searching for an experience Registered Nurse (RN) to join our full time RN Float Pool!
The Float Pool RN is a full time position and will provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. RNs in the Float Pool may be assigned to work in Medical Surgical, Medical Oncology, Surgical Care, or other units as needed. The RN will collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care. The Float Pool will assist in the admission/discharge process to decrease patients being held in the ED and/or to staff floors during high census as well as covering for illness, leaves, or vacations.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is in partnership with HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute located in Destin.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment
- Paid family leave
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS required prior to hire
- ACLS within 90 days of hire required
- CPI required within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.