This position is incentive eligible.
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Director Surgical Services -SignOn Bonus Offered for our HCA Florida Northside Hospital team where excellence creates excellence.
HCA Florida Northside Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare?Apply for our Director Surgical Services -SignOn Bonus Offered role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The role of Director of Surgical Services leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
What you will do in this role:
- You will accurately identify real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication
- You will actively participate in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents
- You will advance the customer experience in Surgical Services
- You will coach subordinates through providing feedback, constructive critique of work, facilitates individual development plan, and documents their job performance
- You will adhere to all Human Resource policies
- You will effectively communicate departmental, organization and industry information to staff
- You will facilitate evidence based employee engagement practices
- You will effectively build strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals
- You will participate in employee and patient rounding and identify and mentor potential future leaders
- You will enforce standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance
- You will develop, implement, and evaluate an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- You will monitor compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- You will oversee a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- You will be responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards
- You will follow the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens
- You will enforce safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- You will monitor and respond to quality event reporting
- You will support new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services
- You will develop, prioritize and defend capital equipment requests
- You will be responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources
- You will advance the growth agenda for Surgical Services
- You will strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- You will demonstrate a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community
- You will develop and build strategic internal and external networks
- You will promote consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- You will practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- You will perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nursing Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Northside Hospital is a 280+ bed facility offering state-of-the-art treatment. We are located in the heart of South Pinellas County. We’re minutes from the pristine Gulf Coast beaches and downtown St. Petersburg, FL. Our facility offers a full range of services. These include interventional stroke care, and spine care. These also include orthopedics, 24-hour emergency services, cardiac care and general surgery. We are the first nationally recognized Comprehensive Stroke Center in Pinellas County. Northside Hospital is proud of our recognition as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI. We are an American College of Radiology Accredited facility. We are a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. The Tampa Bay Heart Institute at Northside Hospital is a comprehensive cardiac care center. Our heart program is widely known for introducing new procedures. The team at Northside Hospital continues to expand its services. We strive to give the St. Petersburg community a healthier tomorrow.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a(an) Director Surgical Services -SignOn Bonus Offered. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.