Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a full time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Intervention Radiology Team!
The IR nurse will provide all nursing care during special procedures and vascular procedures. Assumes responsibility and accountability for several patients during a designated time frame while following policies and procedures of Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. Prioritizes and organizes patient flow to ensure best utilization of time. Is given general guidance and is expected to function with initiative and sound judgment to provide quality services. Demonstrate effective safety practices. Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and Medical Staff. Demonstrate competence when performing other related or licensed functions.This position may require float to CT Biopsy.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center (FWBMC) is a 267-bed full-service hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is recognized as a Top General Hospital for excellence in quality care and patient safety. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Its expanded emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, and a full-service 24/7 Fort Walton Beach ER that includes the only Level II Trauma Center in the Tri-County area.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits55
Employee stock purchase plan
Student loan repayment program
Paid family leave
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate degree required
- Current RN license in Florida required
- BLS required prior to start and ACLS required within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 1 year acute care experience preferred
- 1 year critical care experience preferred
- Radiology experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician’s orders
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff members
- Good knowledge of cardiac drugs and arrhythmias
- Knowledge of hemodynamic monitoring helpful, but not required
- Knowledge of sterile procedures
- Ability to listen, empathize, and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- This position is exposed to ionizing radiation and requires the employee to wear a lead apron and stand for long periods of time
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.