HCA Florida Fort Walton - Destin Hospital, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Charge Nurse (RN) to join our Team! This role will work in a full time status.
The purpose of the Charge Nurse position is to assist the Manager or Director in providing nursing leadership to the nursing unit. This role will provide feedback to the Manager or Director regarding patient care, budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
HCA Florida Fort Walton - Destin Hospital is a 267-bed full-service hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is recognized as a Top General Hospital for excellence in quality care and patient safety. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Its expanded emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, and a full-service 24/7 HCA Florida Fort Walton - Destin Hospital ER that includes the only Level II Trauma Center in the Tri-County area.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment program
- Paid family leave
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
- CPI – within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- A minimum of 2 years of Behavioral Health RN experience required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical expertise
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Tactful communication skills and the ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Supervision, delegation, conflict management and team building skills.
- Flexible and resourceful and able to make decisions quickly
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.