SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS!!
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) provides post-operative care and support to the sickest of medical patients. Our nurses provide life supportive measures to patients experiencing cardiac arrest, respiratory failure, severe sepsis, and other life threatening disease processes. Our Intensivist is on site daily and we are staffed with a dynamic multidisciplinary team. This is a fast paced environment, and we deliver the highest level of care to our patients. We are dedicated to excellence, and we pride ourselves on the holistic care we give our patients and their family members.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is in partnership with HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute located in Destin.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment
- Paid family leave
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- Current FL RN licenserequired or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, activeFL RN license required within 90 days of hire
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
- ACLS within 90 days of hire required
- TNCC within 6 months of hire
- CPI within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience required
- Critical care experience required (stepdown may be considered)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Arrhythmia course or passed BAC challenge test.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.