We are hiring and looking for the brightest and best to join our dynamic team on this Medical Telemetry Unit. We are offering competitive pay, benefits and sign-on bonuses! Come explore what we have to offer and what you can contribute to this unit. Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
About the Unit:
What You Will Do In Your Role:
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital:
With over 370 beds Methodist Metropolitan Hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Metropolitan Hospital is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
· Number of beds? CVTS 29/CVPCU 6, Total of 35
· Patient to nurse ratio? CVTS 1:5, CVPCU 1:3
· PCT’s on your unit? Ratio? 2-3 day shift, 2 night shift
· Patients cared for are Cardiac Telemetry, Pre/Post Cath Lab, Patients with Cardiac Dx., Intermediate Cardiac Patients
There are many opportunities for growth on this unit. Nurses start on CVTS side, and depending on skills will also work in CVPCU.
Critical factors to your success include:
Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process to include:
• Assessment: Conducts comprehensive, timely, and ongoing focused physical, psycho- social and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
• Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn and incorporates family into the plan of care.
• Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized and efficient nursing plan of care.
• Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluation, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.