HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our dynamic Emergency Services team. Our emergency department provides an exquisitely challenging and exciting work environment. The culture of accountability and professionalism helps bring this team closer together creating an unmatched place for you to call your forever work home.
The Emergency Department at HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital boasts 50 treatment rooms/bays and a dedicated ER Radiology Room. The Emergency Department at FWBMC assesses and treats all ages, from neonatal to geriatric patients. Our Emergency Department also includes an express care area for minor injuries and illnesses. In addition, we have a Pediatric ER that is dedicated to treating the emergency health care needs of infants, children and adolescents and a satellite Emergency Department in Destin, FL with 6 treatment rooms.
As an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Level II Adult Cardiovascular Center and a licensed Psychiatric Treatment Center, the Emergency Department offers the most comprehensive inventory of services in the tri-county area.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed full-service hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is recognized as a Top General Hospital for excellence in quality care and patient safety. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Its expanded emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, and a full-service 24/7 Fort Walton Beach ER that includes the only Level II Trauma Center in the Tri-County area.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment
- Paid family leave
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN
- State of Florida RN License
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
- ACLS and PALS required within 90 days of hire
- CPI required within 90 days of hire
- TNCC preferred but required within six (6) months of hire
- ENPC preferred
- CEN and/or CPEN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience required
- Critical or emergent care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.