SIGN ON BONUS FOR ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital located on Florida's Emerald Coast is seeking a full time Charge Registered Nurse to join our Outpatient Surgical Team. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
12 general operating rooms with 2 dedicated heart rooms to provide surgical services in:
- General Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Opthamalic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
- Maxilofacial Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Emergency Trauma Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
Each of our surgical specialties offers a full range of operative procedures, performed either open or laparoscopically, depending on the needs of each patient. Each specialty utilizes specialized equipment, unique to that service, to enhance delivery of care.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
Working for HCA is more than just a paycheck. Enjoy access to these benefits:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment program
- Paid family leave
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- BCLS - AHA Healthcare Provider certification required at time of hire
- ACLS – required within 90 days of hire
- PALS – required within 90 days of hire
- CAPA (Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse) preferred
- AAANC (American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nurses) preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical expertise
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Tactful communication skills and the ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Supervision, delegation, conflict management and team building skills.
- Flexible and resourceful and able to make decisions quickly
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.