HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is in partnership with HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute located in Destin.
The Mental Health Technician I provides patient care and supervision under the direction of a Registered Nurse. The MHT I provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environmental/instrumentation, and other health care members. The MHT I functions as a member of the therapeutic team within limits as designated by the policies and procedures of FWBMC.
- The MHT provides and documents on patient care and observes patient behaviors based on the nursing process, established hospital policies and procedures, unit specific policies and procedures, and/or Standards of Care/Practice.
- Assists in the coordination of nursing/psychiatric care provided in conjunction with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Assists in the development and facilitation of MHT lead Goals, Wrap-Up, and Diversional patient groups.
- Participates in the safety rounds rotation.
- Maintains accurate and detailed documentation of assigned safety rounds.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Observes reports and documents the patient's physiological and psychological status, informing a registered nurse of any incongruences in the above.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses systems to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm or potential harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member, responds to a manpower requests (a.k.a. Dr. Love).
- Manages the therapeutic milieu by monitoring patients for safety and redirecting behaviors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Student Loan Forgiveness
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associates degree preferred
- Vocational or Technical Degree such as EMT preferred
- Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license preferred
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
- CPI required within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 1+ year of experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to communicate therapeutic interactions
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills