HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital
1000 Mar Walt Drive
Ft Walton Beach, FL 32547
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000 for Eligible Candidates
Your benefits include:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase plan
Student loan repayment
Provide leadership for the daily operations of Special procedure/Interventional Radiology department in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. Support the delivery of the high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the daily operations and staffing the Interventional Radiology department by assuring operational efficiency and effectiveness in oversite of procedure, staff scheduling and case turnaround times.
- Supports the Service Line Director in coordinating the provision of Interventional Radiology care and improving performance outcomes.
- Impacts cost effectiveness in the IR Service Line through process improvement and appropriate utilization of material resources through the support of the department coordinators.
- Supports an operational system that guides the seamless flow of patients through the IR department and the facility during their care.
- Collaborates with the quality team and the Radiology Director in collection, aggregation and analysis of data, utilizing electronic and manual databases, and prepares reports specific to IR as needed.
- Provides direction to the Interventional Radiology staff. Reviews performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations, and is responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members.
- Collaborates with the service line director and physicians in monitoring performance and competencies in the Interventional Radiology staff. Performs the first level analysis of case review in preparing peer review for appropriate medical directors/advisors.
- Coordinates daily activities of staffing, on-call coverage, prep /recovery in collaboration with the IR staff.
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of departmental and facility goals.
- Provides direct clinical leadership for the IR Departments.
- Monitors performance improvement and clinical practice guideline variances, identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to improve practices, processes and systems.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, Joint Commission, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey.
- Meets all objectives as set forth in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities.
- Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility policy.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Collaborates with physicians to develop and foster positive working relationships.
- Assists the Director with the assessment of patient and staff education needs in IR services.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Participates in staff meetings, attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shift: Mon-Fri (Days w/on-call rotation)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, natural origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required
- State of Florida Radiologic Technology license required
- ARRT (R) Radiography required
- ARRT (VI) Vascular Interventional Radiography registry required within 12 months months of hire.
-BCLS – AHA Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire
- ACLS – AHA Healthcare Provider certification required within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Special procedures/Interventional Radiology required
- 2-3 years Supervisor or Lead Technologist experience preferred