HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a full time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our PACU Team!
Our goal is to provide exceptional post-anesthesia care to both inpatients and outpatients. Our team also supports each other; we are one big, hardworking PACU family! Our goal is to provide exceptional post-anesthesia care to both inpatients and outpatients. We are always looking for nurses who are willing to make a commitment to being a part of our dynamic team.
Our PACU is both inpatient and outpatient and also handles ICU and Trauma patients - so it can be a high acuity unit. Mixed shifts and call is required including nights. There is a 30 minute call window.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS required at the time of hire
- ACLS and PALS within 90 days of hire required
- TNCC required within six (6) months of hire
- CPAN or ASPAN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience required
- Critical Care or PACU experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D