Northeast Methodist Hospital
GI Technician II
GI Department/Clinical Technicians
FT - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion forhealthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced,patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our GI Department. Submit your application today!
Weoffer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loanrepayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a GI Lab Tech II who assists with procedures and other department tasks, ensuring continuous quality ofcare is provided to patients ranging in age from adolescent to geriatric under the direction of a qualifiedphysician or Licensed Practitioner.
What you will do in this role:
1. Provides specialized care to patients, as delegated by a licensed practitioner and communicateschanges in patient condition to the physician or licensed practitioner.
2. Demonstrates effective clinical skills utilizing time, equipment and supplies efficiently andproperly, pre, intra and post procedure. Maintains accountability for instruments, supplies andsharps, throughout the procedure. Accurately handles specimens ensuring proper placement andlabeling. Assists with the inventory control of supplies and maintenance of equipment.
3. Assists with orientation of newly assigned staff. Provides instruction to GI Lab Tech I onadvanced procedures within the scope of demonstrated competency and skill.
4. Performs clinical actions as defined in annual competency and skills checklists. Demonstratescompetence in all areas of gastroenterology: procedure preparation, technical factors andequipment maintenance and safety.
5. Complete assignments independently and works as part of a team; takes instructions fromsupervisors; exercises problem-solving skills; and interacts with co-workers, supervisors, patients,vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
6. Understands and utilizes infection control standards related to disposable and non-disposableequipment. Incorporates patient safety in all areas of their technical practice includingtransporting patients to and from the department.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1 year experience in GI or surgical field.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: None
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in thephenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. It islicensed for 179 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s HospitalSafety Grade A. We offer a full array of services including 24/7 emergencycare, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, inpatient rehabilitation,orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatientsurgeries and procedures.
Northeast Methodist Hospital is an accredited Chest PainCenter and is a Certified Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. We are recognizedas an Accredited Heart Failure Center by the Healthcare Colloquium and as a TopPerformer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission. Our hospital has receivedthe Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award forimplementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the AmericanHeart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacksand the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. For more information, pleasevisit our website at www.sahealth.com andselect Northeast Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.