Part Time, Mixd Shifts, 0.001 (0.6 PT)
Since 1979 Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal touch. As the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County, Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care facility offering a wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. Raulerson is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) as a Primary Stroke Center and provides comprehensive multi-modality diagnostic services accredited by the American College of Radiology. Raulerson’s surgical services include minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Raulerson Hospital is a unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, located in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. We are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many nursing students, who spend time with Raulerson Hospital during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere amongst our staff and patients. We invite you to learn more about us and our community.
As an Ultrasound Tech you will perform duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures using Ultrasound for the purpose of detecting pathology. You will regulate the equipment used to produce the ultrasound and send images to PACS and also assist in the daily operation of the Ultrasound Department.
Tasks and responsibilities, you will:
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
- Produces diagnostic images using Doppler, abdominal or pregnancy ultrasound.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Graduate of an Accredited school of Diagnostic Ultrasound
- ARDMS & RVT registered required
- 1 year experience in performing Diagnostic Ultrasound including but not limited to: Abdomen, Vascular, GYN, Small Parts