To prescribe, delegate and coordinate nursing care provided throughout the hospital. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality healthcare. To assure that quality nursing care is delivered during assigned shifts.
1. Assigns beds according to needs of patient, available staff, and physician preference.
2. Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as, nursing medical, respiratory care, laboratory, pharmaceutical and public relations.
3. Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operation of the department.
4. Manages the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the department to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
5. Promotes positive customer service with external and internal departments.
6. Executes decisions in the absence of the Administrative Staff.
7. Understands all functional areas with the hospital.
8. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
10. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
11. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
12. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
13. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
14. As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request (Code Grey).
15. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
· ACLS required
· PALS required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Acute care experience required
· Progressive management experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of body substance isolation
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.