This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Maintenance Mechanic II you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida West Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida West Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Maintenance Mechanic II where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our healthcare team. Your primary function is to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, plumbing, carpentry and heating/air conditioning tasks, installing and repairing equipment and maintaining building and grounds as assigned. You will utilize your knowledge of relevant building codes; knowledge of the materials, tools and techniques of carpentry, plumbing maintenance or HVAC trade. You will work with a phenomenal team that cares like family and works together in a collaborative manner.
In this role you will:
· Install, repair and perform preventive maintenance on various equipment in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals, maintenance schedule and manufacturer specifications using hand and power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Maintain and repair air handles, exhaust fans, supply fans, patient beds, sterilizers, generator and oxygen and vacuum systems.
· Inspect, install, repair and replace pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating, water, gas and draining systems.
· Cut and thread pipes, fit valves, couplings and other specified parts to piping sections and plumbing fixtures.
· Construct, repair and maintain furniture, wall partitions, cabinets, doors windows, building framework and related carpentry duties using hand and power tools.
· Measure and cut to size floor tiles. Formica counter tops, ceiling tiles, window glass when installing or replacing items.
· Prepare surface and apply coats of paint, varnish, stains, or enamels to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of the hospital.
· Perform grounds work as requested and maintenance and repair of landscaping sprinkler system components.
· Keep up to date preventive maintenance records.
· High school or GED required
· Vocational or technical training preferred
· 1-5 years as Maintenance Mechanic Preferred
HCA Florida West Hospital is a 515-bed facility. We are proud to be the area's leading health care facility in quality outcomes performance. We are the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. Our hospital is the first in the state of Florida to have earned Atrial Fibrillation with Electrophysiology Services Accreditation. We have an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We provide a specialized Emergency Department tailored to the needs of seniors and children. We have a Kid’s ER dedicated to our youngest patients. We are the area’s only comprehensive CARF-accredited physical rehabilitation hospital. Our facility has a behavioral health facility. We offer services including cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, oncology, and orthopedics. Other services that we offer include robotic-assisted surgery, critical care, and neurology/neurosurgery. We also offer urology, gastroenterology, obstetrics, and pulmonary and rehabilitative medicine.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Maintenance Mechanic II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.