This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Grand Strand Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Registered Nurse Emergency Dept and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Grand Strand Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Registered Nurse Emergency Dept opening and continue to learn!
As a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room, you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care. We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
· You will document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
· You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
· You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
· You will be responsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge of all care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma, behavioral health, etc.
· You coordinate and triage incoming ambulance traffic
· You manage care with primary ED attending
· You are responsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-level triage algorithm
· You are responsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse for trauma
· You will demonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care based decisions.
· You will educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay.
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
· Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Grand Strand Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1978, giving patient's access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 40 years of pioneering healthcare, our 300+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients - including the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program, pediatric intensive care unit, Level I trauma center with two free-standing emergency departments, advanced wound care center, breast cancer center and Carolina Forest Imaging Center. We are recognized, for the chest pain, knee and hip replacement, sepsis and stroke by the Joint Commission.
At Grand Strand Health, you'll find that caring extends to our patients, our people and our South Carolina community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Emergency Dept opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.