This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as an Radiology Registered Nurse you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Radiology Registered Nurse where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Radiology Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on the patient’s response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for effectiveness
* You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the patient’s needs and goals
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
* You will provide pre- and post-operative patient care
* You will provide education materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will demonstrate safe and effective working knowledge of all equipment used in the Interventional Short Stay Unit as appropriate
* You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the care team
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Telemetry experience required.
* Recent intermediate critical care experience - preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility’s full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Interventional Short Stay Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.