Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) ENT Operating Room RN Lead today with HCA Florida Memorial Hospital.
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) ENT Operating Room RN Lead. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The Operating Room Registered Nurse will provide professional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality health care. The Operating Room Nurse assumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with the surgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patients and their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
· You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
· You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
· You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
· You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
· You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
· You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patient’s procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
· You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patient’s genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
· You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
· You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
What qualifications you will need:
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Perioperative Nursing is strongly preferred
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our ENT Operating Room RN Lead opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.