Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Surgical OR Tech II today with Oklahoma Surgicare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Oklahoma Surgicare, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Come join our team as a Surgical OR Tech II. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Tech contributes to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
* Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with Association of Surgical Technologists
* Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
* Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
* Assist in the turnover of the O.R. suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
* Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred)
* One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
Oklahoma Surgicare is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Our AAAHC accredited center is a top producing surgery center for HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division. We perform over 800 procedures a month. Services in orthopedics, GI, urology, podiatry, ENT, gynecology, and general surgery are available.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical OR Tech II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.