This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as an Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Surgical Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s Surgical Hospital we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
· You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
· You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients’ response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
· You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
· You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
· You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
· You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
· You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
· You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
· 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting
· Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program AND/OR current enrollment in an Alternative Entry Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
· Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
· Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
St. David's Surgical Hospital, a campus of St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, is a destination surgical hospital specializing in orthopedic, gynecological, urological and reconstructive surgery, among others. Located in North Austin, the 46 bed facility includes spacious inpatient rooms, 10 operating room suites, and imaging, pharmacy and lab services.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.