Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Medical Assistant today with HCA Florida Heart Institute.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Florida Heart Institute, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Come join our team as a(an) Medical Assistant. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
· Scheduling and canceling patient appointments
· Checking-in and checking-out patients
· Entering charges and payments
· Answering the telephone
· Verifying patient insurance and demographics
· Collection of co-payments/coinsurance and personal balances 7. Performs selected administrative duties and assists nursing staff.
· May collect patient specimens.
· Takes patient histories and vital signs.
· Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
· Gives injections, and applies casts, splints, and dressings, as applicable.
· Prepares and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
· Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Must read, understand, and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures.
· Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement. Practices certified as Patient Center Medical Home include these additional job duties:
· Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities and referrals from the primary care provider to a specialty care provider.
· Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, audits and programmatic evaluation related to Patient Centered Medical Home.
· No education Requirements
· One year of Medical Assisting or other applicable clinical work experience is highly preferred.
· Candidates/incumbents with one year of Medical Assistant work experience who do not possess Medical Assistant Certification must obtain Medical Assistant Certification within one year of hire date.
· Medical Assistant Certification - required.
· Medical Assistants who recently graduated (within the last 12 months) from a Medical Assisting training program must obtain Medical Assistant certification within 60 days of employment.
· Active and unrevoked RMA, CCMA, CMA, NCMA, or NCRMA certification/ABR-OE credentials is highly preferred.
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Assistant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.