This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Operating Room teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded Johnston-Willis Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and was the first non-academic Richmond Hospital center to be awarded Comprehensive Stroke Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare, the highest level of competence possible for stroke care.
is the only hospital in the area, and only the second in Virginia, to use the Gamma Knife® Perfexion™
, a minimally invasive stereotactic radiosurgery tool that uses extremely precise cobalt radiation beams. The Gamma Knife is used to treat brain tumors
, trigeminal neuralgia
(face pain) and other neurological disorders
Additional information about our Post Anesthesia Care Unit:
- 19 bays in the PACU
- Nurses are responsible for recovering patients from Anesthesia as well as educating patients
- On average, 800 patients are seen monthly
- Types of surgeries conducted: Colorectal, general gynecology, gynecological oncology, general surgery, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), urology, urogynecology , Neuro Surgery, Plastics, Out Patient Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
- Leadership opportunities include being a part of Shared Governance councils and professional growth opportunities within our career ladder
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
What Sets Us Apart:
"I am new to the PACU and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This unit is AMAZING!" – AW
"I enjoy the staff that I work with and the challenging patients" – TH
"I love my co-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility"- ES
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS and PALS certification (preferred)
- Two years’ experience Intensive Care Unit or PACU (preferred)
- Full Time
- 9 hour shifts
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday On Call rotation
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, Dental, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.