Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Senior EHR Support Analyst? At Mission Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At Mission Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Senior EHR Support Analyst like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Senior EHR Support Specialist Pharmacy supports multiple facilities and venues of care for the North Carolina Division Pharmacy Service Lines- inpatient, outpatient infusion, and ambulatory. Primary responsibilities include facilitating clinical Pharmacy IT activities, providing second level support for medication administration and prescribing issues that arise, and leading new module/application testing and implementation for the Cerner EMR.
The Senior EHR Support Specialist facilitates and manages maintenance of application dictionaries, customizes
based on division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for supported applications or module. This
individual works with the Division Clinical EHR Support Specialist Team to develop training materials, to assist
with training as needed, and to implement division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans
for clinical applications.
- Supports multiple facilities as a key clinical IT resource for implementation and support of a broad set of clinical applications.
- Leads and facilitates multiple facility core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities
- Provides second level support as a broad clinical subject matter expert to resolve incidents or fulfill requests
- received from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources; provides status on user issues
- Works with enterprise and division subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service
- Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests
- Serves as project leader for facility-based implementations of clinical applications software releases and new products, may also facilitate multiple facility-based implementations of clinical applications software releases and new products
- Provides on-call assistance as needed.
- Works with the Division EHR Support Team to lead, monitor, and facilitate new module/application testing and implementation for the facility
- Facilitates and manages maintenance of multiple facilities specific dictionaries
- Provides input to customize base division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within multiple facilities
- Works with the Division EHR Support Team and facility core team members to develop training materials and deliver hands-on training as needed
- Works with the Division EHR Support Team to actively promote and support division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for a broad set of clinical applications
- Coordinates facility clinical application reporting requests and assists with defining report requirements and validates reporting results for supported facilities
- May develop clinical application reports as needed
- Performs quality audits and tracks metrics related to clinical application use
- Participates in meetings as a member of facility clinical leadership for supported facilities
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance
- Coordinates the execution and use of tools for audits
- Builds strong relationships at supported facilities with core customer base (nurses, physicians, core team members, etc.) and facility leadership
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of clinical operations and application support processes and workflow
- Understands pertinent accreditation guidelines, such as JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA, and ACR
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally
- and in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Understanding of reporting tools functionality and capabilities
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Proficiency in various programming and clinical application reporting tools
- Customer service orientation and/or training
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in clinical application support or related clinical work experience
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Senior EHR Support Analyst opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.