Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Grad RN Nurse Residency Oncology Med Surg with Johnston-Willis Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Johnston-Willis Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Grad RN Nurse Residency Oncology Med Surg to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
11 Week Orientation:
· 5 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, hands-on skills/simulations, and EKG (Electrocardiogram), TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, and CPI (Crisis Prevention) certifications
· 6 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
· We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
· You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
· Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
· Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
· Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months
· Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
· Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
· Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Grad RN Nurse Residency Oncology Med Surg opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.