This job posting is no longer active.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Speech Therapist PRN with Parkland Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Parkland Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Parkland Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Speech Therapist PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Position Summary: The Speech Therapist functions as an interdisciplinary team member providing patient assessment/re-assessment, direct patient care and individualized care planning/implementation and oversight of support staff.
· Knowledge of the principles, methods, practices, techniques, equipment and procedures used in speech therapy
· Knowledge of the normal development of speech, language and hearing
· Ability to perform diagnostic tests for communication disorder and formulate a treatment plan
· Ability to interact with clients to understand their communication or swallow needs and to assist in achieving their specific program goals.
· Collects and integrates data from multiple sources
· Applies critical thinking skills and considers alternatives
· Organizes and prioritizes multi-task workload
· Assesses health literacy and incorporates teaching with a focus on health promotion
· Plans, evaluates and administers speech therapy programs to in-patient and out-patient populations
· Licensed by the New Hampshire Board of Medicine as a Speech Therapist
· Master’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology
· American Heart Association BCLS required
· Minimum one to two years clinical experience in health care environment preferred
· New graduates may be eligible for this position
Parkland Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1983. We give patient's access to trained physicians, advanced technology and innovative approaches through our partnerships with the Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart & Vascular Institute. Our 80+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities in Southern New Hampshire. We are accredited as a Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI from the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission. Parkland has also earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® certification for Spine Surgery, Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement.
At Parkland Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Speech Therapist PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.