IRL WFL Central Lab
12901 Starkey Road, Largo, Florida 33773
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Histology Technologist? At IRL - West FL Market Lab, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
The IRL West Florida Division (WFD) Central Microbiology Lab supports 16 HCA WFD facilities and 4 central Florida facilities. IRL WFD Central Microbiology Laboratory is open 24/7 and performs 750,000 tests annually. At our beautiful state of art laboratory facility we handle all specialized clinical microbiology testing using automatic equipment and molecular instrumentation in a high volume environment. . Our clinical microbiologists are highly specialized laboratory professionals that perform different types of tests to help healthcare providers diagnose infectious diseases and perform antibiotic susceptibility testing to help direct clinicians on the best treatment options to prescribe to help cure the infection. Our laboratory facility provides our staff an opportunity to contribute and to be a part of the patient’s healthcare team in a meaningful way.
At IRL - West FL Market Lab, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Histology Technologist II like you to be a part of our team.
Seeking a Histology Technologist II like you to provide expertise and champion results. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels the patient experience is as meaningful as we do.
· Prepare, process and stain pathology tissues and cytology samples for review by the pathologist under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director
· Embeds tissue specimens in correct orientation at a rate of 45 - 60 seconds per block.
· Sections paraffin blocks at an average rate of 35 - 40 blocks per hour.
· Produces sections of correct thickness with a minimum of cutting artifacts.
· Routine H & E stain performed according to Department procedure. Recognizes inferior staining prior to submitting and corrects the problem to meet standards.
· Performs any on-site special stains and histo-chemical methods
· Assist with gross examination of small biopsies and prepare tissues for processing, staining and screening of samples, batching and referral of cases to referral laboratories as required
You Should Have:
· A 2 Year/Associate Degree in Science required
· A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is beneficial
· A State of Florida Technologist License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
· Technical specialty in Histology
· 0 years of experience required; 1-3 years in a high-volume histology setting preferred
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories present in four HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories support more than 250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Histology Technologist II opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.