Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center.
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, is one of Healthgrades’ Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. We are a 226-bed facility offering 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care, and medical, surgical and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors’ Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community.
We are currently offering a $20,000 sign-on bonus with 1 year experience and 2 year commitment!HCA
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Assistance
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes principles of aseptic technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
- Plans and provides equipment and supplies based on patient and physician needs.
- Demonstrates competency in assisting surgeon as it relates to unit scope of care.
- Demonstrates competency in perioperative nursing practice related to preoperative & postoperative nursing care.
- Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
- Participates in on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services to assist in the smooth operation of the department.
- Provides a safe environment for the surgical patient during their preoperative experience.
- Serves as a resource person for other staff members.
- Serves as a professional member of the OR team.
- Pursues own professional growth through continuing education and inservices.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
- Demonstrates competency in providing patient/family education.
- Required – CRNFA Certification maintained. RN licensure in Virginia or compact license. CPR certification maintained. Documentation of continuing education units required for CNOR &/or RNFA recertification and experience. Maintain clinical status.
- Required – Minimum of two years First Assist RN Experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.