Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a great team.
Frisbie Memorial Hospital is a 112-bed acute care facility that is unique in today's healthcare environment. Frisbie is about our people, our technology and the trust of our patients. We use the latest technology to help our dedicated staff find solutions that benefit our patients. Technology that promotes faster healing, better health, higher quality of life and in-turn, career satisfaction. Frisbie Memorial Hospital's ability to excel at caring for the community depends on its people. That's why we invest in our workforce and reward employees for exceptional performance -- and why we offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Position Summary: Registered Nurse (RN) – Float Pool
The Float RN is primarily responsible for adhering to the hospital's Standards of Patient Care to deliver safe and quality patient care. The RN performs all treatments and procedures as outlined in the Standards Manual and applicable regulatory and professional entities/guidelines, standards, protocols, and procedures within the scope of RN practice. Furthermore, the RN delegates, coordinates and directly supervises patient care provided by LPNs, CNAs, Unit Aides and Unit Coordinators.
Essential Position Functions :
The following functions must be able to be carried out by the incumbent with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Assessment of In-patients
- Interviews patients and caregiver/family on admission to obtain a bio-psycho-social history relevant to reason for admission.
- Examines the patient's physical status.
- Reviews all test results including EKG, lab, x-ray for ongoing assessment and reporting to physicians.
- Assesses patient and family/caregiver for discharge needs.
- Re-assesses patient status at established time frames.
- Communicates patient needs/assessment to physicians and interdepartmental services involved in the patient's care.
- Ensures thorough, accurate documentation of relevant data obtained during the assessment process.
- Ensures sensitivity towards patients and caregiver/family by eliciting patient's physical and emotional concerns, being a receptive listener, and providing an environment conducive to interviewing and the delivery of care.
- Assesses information received from computerized cardiac and pulmonary monitoring equipment.
- Planning of Care
- Develops a written nursing care plan with patient and family input that is individualized to patient needs, strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Directs the patient's and caregiver/family’s participation in the planning and delivery of care.
- Develops teaching plans to meet the learning needs of patients, family, and caregiver relevant to interdisciplinary discharge needs.
- Implementation of Plan
- Acknowledges, validates accurate transcription, coordinates and implements physician orders.
- Applies the plan of care, monitoring for effectiveness.
- Administers medications and monitors for desired, side or adverse effects.
- Assists the physician and other healthcare providers in administering treatments and procedures.
- Provides instruction to patient and family.
- Applies behavior and supportive therapy approaches with individuals and groups to accomplish goals and facilitate the delivery of care.
- Evaluating Plan of Care
- Reviews and updates the treatment plan in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the patient and the family.
- Communicates ongoing care needs to the Discharge Planning Team regarding discharge (home health, nursing homes, group homes, families, etc.).
- Accepts primary nurse role for assigned patients.
- Accepts the role of the Admissions Nurse and admits patients in collaboration with the unit to which it is assigned.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, families, staff; corrects hazards promptly. Adheres to hospital safety policy and procedure.
- Documents all pertinent information on the patient's medical record in an accurate, detailed manner adhering to procedures for charting.
- Assumes Charge Nurse role upon demonstrated knowledge of responsibilities when assigned.
- Participates actively in department meetings.
- Supports Department's customer service efforts. Provides service excellence to patients and their families, medical staff, peers, support services and other hospital personnel. Provides immediate and satisfactory problem solving response for valid customer complaints or refers complex customer service problems to the Nurse Manager.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and support for, hospital Mission and Values Statement, department goals and objectives. Assists in the formation and accomplishment of unit goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains professional relationship with physicians, peers, patients and their families, and medical support services.
- Follows the principles of Infection Prevention and Control as outlined in the Policy.
- Participates in the department's Performance Improvement program by collaborating with the department's PI representative in developing and implementing effective PI programs.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional development and on-going education. Attends required hours of continuing nursing education per year.
Demonstrates a commitment to containing costs and efficient use of material resources.
Licensure / Experience:
Registered Nurse in the State of New Hampshire or a compact state.
Tuition Reimbursement Program (up to $5,250/calendar year)
Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $100/month)
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Benefits & Opportunities
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k with company match (3%-9%), flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and our Student Loan Repayment Program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status