Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today to the Clinical Intake Specialist and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Terre Haute Regional, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits include:
Student Loan RepaymentTuition Reimbursement/Assistance ProgramsPaid Personal Leave401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of serviceIdentity Theft Protection discountsAuto, Home, and Life Insurance optionsAdoption AssistanceEmployee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Intake Specialist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Clinical Intake Specialist, you will coordinate the pre-admission assessment process and provide clinical assessments for potential patients. You will also assist with community education with clinical issues and participate in community events such as health fairs. You will respond to all calls for information, referral of patients, and inquiries about services offered and assists callers with accessing the most appropriate level of service and service provider to meet the needs of the patient.
- Coordinate communication related to all assessment and admission activities, insures rapid throughput for the emergency department, requests additional resources when needed based on volume, and works with the medical staff to move patients to disposition quickly.
- Respond to calls for assessments in the emergency department and initiates the requested assessment as soon as possible and no later than 60 minutes from the initial request. Implements a back up procedure when the 60 minute time frame cannot be met due to heavy volume.
- Work with inpatient nursing staff to insure an appropriate bed is available for patients coming in including moving patients as needed to make beds available quickly.
- Document all calls coming in regardless the outcome in the approved format.
- Provide education and support related to emergency detention procedures, intervention as needed, completion of paperwork, and addressing process concerns with the emergency department director and medical staff to insure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Work collaboratively with behavioral health sales team to provide data, assure accurate referral data management, and includes sales team members in team meetings as needed.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community based medical center serving the areas of Vigo, Sullivan, Knox, Greene, Clay, Owen, Putnam, Parke, Vermillion and Fountain counties in Indiana and Crawford, Clark and Edgar counties in Illinois. We are the region’s only Level-II Trauma Center with the highest level of care available in a 75-mile radius, the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Terre Haute, and the first hospital in the area that was certified in hip & knee replacement by The Joint Commission.
Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field in which a license has been obtained to perform clinical assessments in the appropriate state (Appropriate licensure includes RN, LPC, LCSW, LMFT and for PhD licensure as a clinical psychologist). (required)
- Prefer 1-3 years’ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting for non-nurses (required)
- RNs require a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an inpatient setting and prefer a demonstrated ability to complete crisis assessments (required)
- American Heart Association’s Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital. (required)
- Crisis Prevention Certification training completion within 30 days of hire and maintenance of certification throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital. (required)
We are seeking a full-time Behavioral Health Clinical Intake Specialist to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications and highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employerand value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis ofrace, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,marital status, veteran status, or disability status.