SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Clinical Director Cardiovascular Services today with Tulane Medical Center.
At Tulane Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Clinical Director like you to be a part of our team.
Cath Lab employees are experts at providing compassionate care and preparing patients undergoing various cardiac procedures such as catheterization and angioplasty. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit:
- 6 cath lab/procedure rooms
- Procedures done in the cath lab range from but not limited to diagnostic heart caths, interventional heart caths, TAVR, TMVR, watchman, cardamems and IR.
- The lab also works with vascular surgeons and performs many peripheral procedures.
- Performs all fiscal responsibilities according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Oversees or directly supervises department staff, including hiring, firing, orientation, training and evaluation within established guidelines.
- Maintains a department staffing plan that meets organizational needs.
- Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates department goals that coincide with the hospital goals on a yearly basis.
- Communicates the department's needs, requirements, available services and information to internal and external customers.
- Develops reviews and revises departmental policies and procedures and assures the department's compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Participates as requested on teams, committees, and special projects both internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrates personal and professional growth and expertise by remaining current with state and federal associations and with professional trends, and by participating in community activities.
- Coordinates the departmental performance improvement process including the preparation, analysis, and submission of required reports.
- Complies with all standards for safety, risk management, and infection control as required by enforcement agencies.
- Establishes standards, provides training and enforces compliance of departmental hospital customer service program.
- Oversees the day to day operations of respective department, to provide consistent quality service to internal and external customers.
- Reacts effectively to unplanned circumstances, demands, and challenges facing the department.
- Monitors quality outcomes and recommends improvements in performance relative to the following patient safety issues
What Qualifications You Will Need
- Current Louisiana
RN licensure; or Current Louisiana Licensure as a Radiologic Technologist,
Cardiopulmonary Technologist, or Registered Cardiovascular
- BLS required
- BSN required or graduate
of an accredited school preparing Radiologic Technologists,
Cardiopulmonary Technologists or Cardiovascular Technologists
- Five- (5)
years-clinical experience and at least five- (5) year’s progressive
leadership in area of expertise preferred.
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and
medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has
been named a World’s Best Hospital by
Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of
the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just
250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital
in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that
above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When
we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and
their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to
You are part of an organization with a long history of
compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization
can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are
able to perform your job.
Healthcare has been continually named a World's
Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We
are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly
contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and
help us raise the bar in patient care!
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.