This job posting is no longer active.
Job Summary:The Section of Nephrology and Hypertension at Tulane University School of Medicine is accepting candidates for an open rank faculty nephrologist.
- Faculty rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, in the non-tenure clinical educator track
- Must be board certified/eligible in general nephrology
- Eligible for an unrestricted Louisiana medical license as well as CDS and DEA required
- The Section of Nephrology oversees inpatient services that include care of acute and chronic kidney disease, provision of dialysis services, fluid and electrolyte problems, and glomerulonephritis and kidney transplant.
- The physician will attend on the inpatient services along with the fellows.
- The Physician will have outpatient duties on a continuing basis and include care of chronic kidney disease, glomerulonephritis, transplant and hypertension.
- The physician will participate in the teaching and clinical programs of the residents, fellows, and medical students.
- The candidate will have on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and candidates that are presently finishing fellowship are all encouraged to apply.
About Tulane Medical Center:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow – we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.