SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
RN Case Manager
Case Management Department
Full Time, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE
Westside Regional Medical Center
We're always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 250-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Westside Regional offers the community the latest in minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and is one of only nine Joint Commission certified centers in the United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in podiatry, surgery and internal medicine. Since our founding in 1974 we have been committed to expanding and improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff and medical care.
At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200 professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. At Westside Regional Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Westside Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Student Loan Repayment*
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The RN CM is responsible for promoting patient-centered care by coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate resource management and developing a safe appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. The RN CM facilitates the progression and transition of care using established criteria and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team. The RN CM will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- Provides case management services for both inpatient and observation patients as assigned.
- Identifies patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care/setting to another.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical and discharge needs of patients/family along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to the patient/family.
- Reassesses the patient’s clinical condition as indicated. Considers patient’s readmission status or risk of readmission and develops strategies to mitigate including education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community-based resources.
- Coordinates the plan of care and drives the discharge plan by collaborating with the multidisciplinary health care team and in particular with the patient's physician to facilitate a successful care transition.
- In partnership with Social Services, the RN CM is responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate.
- The RN CM is responsible for timely referral to Social Services when risk factors for psychosocial determinants of health are identified.
- Involves patient, family/responsible/significant others in identifying and clarifying needs and expectations to develop mutual and realistic goals.
- Makes appropriate referrals to third party payer, disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states.
- Facilitates patient throughput with an ongoing focus on an effective care transition, quality and efficiency.
- Documents professional recommendations, discharge plan, care coordination interventions, and case management activities to effectively communicate to all members of the health care team.
- Align patient’s needs with available resources to ensure a safe discharge / transition.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Directs activities to identify and provide for the needs of the under-resourced patient population to include patient education activities, patient assistance programs, and community-based resources.
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established chain of command timely.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives Serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients’ ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned.
- Other duties as assigned
RN with current state licensure; BSN preferred
Three years’ clinical, hospital nursing experience required with preference given to those with 2 years of case management experience or 2 years of critical care experience
Certification in case management or utilization review preferred
InterQual experience preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.