SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment and loan forgiveness. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
Under the direction of a shared Facility Health Information Management Leader, the Facility HIM Coordinator will assist as needed in the day-to-day HIM departmental clerical activities, including but not limited to working the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF)/McKesson Patient Folder (MPF) workflow queues, resolving unbilled accounts, facilitating the physician suspension process. The Facility HIM Coordinator will serve as the on- site initial point of contact when the HIM Leader is off-site for the Facility Leadership and the Medical Staff.
- You will ensure facility based HIM function productivity and quality standards are maintained or exceeded
- You will assist the HIM Leader with Facility Privacy Officer (FPO) duties, Records Management duties, and employee training and development
- You will assist Facility HIM Clerks and Birth Certificate Clerks with questions
- You will enter applicable unbilled reason codes (URCs) into HPF and MEDITECH on a daily basis
- You will adhere to documented and established workflow guidelines as it relates to managing facility HPF/MPF work queues and 3M 360 Encompass worklists
- You will assist in the processing of walk-in requests for Release of Information
- You will request and return paper records from off-site storage as applicable
- You will retrieve discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments as needed
- You will assist in reconciling retrieved medical records against patient discharge listings working closely with patient care units to ensure receipt of all records no later than the morning after discharge or visit
- You will assist physicians in record completion activities
What Qualifications you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred
- RHIA or RHIT preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of HIM department experience with a concentration in incomplete record management is strongly preferred
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.