SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Capital Regional Medical Center
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Promotes customer service initiatives along with Hospital Service Values.
- Documents all patient care.
- Utilizes Nursing Process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Promotes compliances with National Patient Safety Goals.
- Provides total hygiene care; including skin care, bathing, toileting, etc.
- Assists with patient ambulation in room, hall and bathroom.
- Assists in feeding patients, offering fluids and snacks, recording amounts consumed.
- Responds to call lights, requests from patient/family.
- Documents vital signs and informs nurse of any change in patient status.
- Assists with stocking supplies and maintains clean working environment.
- Assists co-workers to meet patient care needs.
Department Specific Criteria:
- Accepts and supports changes in hospital and departmental policy
- Competent as appropriate to responsibilities in the knowledge of the prevention of contamination and transfer of infection and safety policies.
- Competent in the effective and safe use of all equipment.
- Observes hospital mission statement, philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- Assures patient rooms are maintained clean, clutter-free and void of fall hazards for patients, visitors and other staff. Appropriately follows physician ordered safety precautions.
- Collects daily patient data relevant to patient condition, as directed by licensed nurse. Data may include, but not limited to vital signs, intake and output, meal consumption, and patient activity.
- Provides for patient ADL’s to include; bathing, grooming, toileting, dressing and undressing, and eating. Assures appropriate use of adaptive equipment is utilized in support of therapeutic activities.
- Works within the rehabilitation team in providing relevant patient information regarding patient activity. Communicates changes in patient status promptly and accurately to licensed nursing personnel.
- Assists in the admission and discharge process including; patient belongings inventory and secures / returns valuables in hospital safe, orientation to room and unit, and escorts patient/family upon discharge.
- Answers patient call bell phone promptly with courtesy. Responds to call bells in a timely manner and attends to patient comfort and needs.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Paid Time Off
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Discount Program
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Life, Disability Benefits
Student Loan Forgiveness
And much more!
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
- High School Diploma/GED and either
- Student Nurse (nurse exam) who is currently enrolled in Nursing School
- Individual with 1-2 years previous technician experience
- Preferred: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.