SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,400 employees and 380 physicians. We are a 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Burn Clinic, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: The Behavioral Health Center at Capital Regional is dedicated to meeting the growing needs in our community for behavioral-health-specific healthcare. Our state-of-the art center provides a continuum of care that addresses both acute phases of illness and the follow up that is necessary to maintain excellent patient outcomes within a compassionate and caring environment. We serve an adult population; all patients are at least 18 years old. Our patients’ primary diagnosis is psychiatric (both mood and psychotic disorders), and they may also have a dual diagnosis related to substance or alcohol abuse
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and maintains the highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
- Utilizes the nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Responds to all calls for psychiatry services responding appropriately to the identified needs of the caller and patient. Patient calls will be prioritized based on the level of need of the patient. Insures EMTALA compliance at all times and reports any concerns to the program director immediately.
- Coordinates communication related to all assessment and admission activities, insures rapid throughput for the emergency department, requests additional resources when needed based on volume, and works with the medical staff to move patients to disposition quickly.
- Responds to calls for assessments in the emergency department within 15 minutes and initiates the requested assessment as soon as possible and no later than 60 minutes from the initial request. Implements a back up procedure when the 60 minute time frame cannot be met due to heavy volume.
- Works with inpatient nursing staff to insure an appropriate bed is available for patients coming in including moving patients as needed to make beds available quickly.
- Examines physician orders for completeness, accuracy, clarity and questions when appropriate. Correctly transcribes orders and documents implementation.
- Administers prescribed treatment and medications correctly.
- Displays competency in medical aspects of patient care as evidenced by recognizing signs and symptoms of medical conditions, intervening appropriately and documenting adequately in the Treatment Plan and progress notes.
- Intake coordinator is responsible to document all calls coming in regardless the outcome in the approved format. Any staff member providing intake services will document all calls according to the system the intake coordinator has in place.
- Intake coordinator is responsible to provide education and support related to emergency detention procedures, intervention as needed, completion of paperwork, and addressing process concerns with the emergency department director and medical staff to insure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Works collaboratively with behavioral health sales team to provide data, assure accurate referral data management, and includes sales team members in team meetings as needed.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
- BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card required
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention certification required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Prefer 1-3 years’ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.