DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you an experienced Contract Negotiator for Healthcare organizations and ready to take your career to the next level? If so, you should consider joining HealthTrust as a Contracts Manager II.
HealthTrust, an affiliated company of HCA Healthcare, is committed to performance improvement across the healthcare continuum. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your rewards and benefits customizable to your needs. Some unique offerings include:
At HealthTrust, you have the opportunity to make a difference. Every associate in our organization has an impact on patients’ lives. We are looking for a dedicated Contracts Manager II to be a part of our winning team.
Responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization in the area of Pharmacy. Objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions.
Position's key area of focus will be sourcing initiatives that are primarily categories with low to medium spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity. Position may have some responsibility for other types of categories for the purposes of development and workload allocation.
It is preferred that the individual possess knowledge or experience in principles and concepts related to sourcing and contract management.
Individual may require time to build knowledge of the industry, organization, processes, suppliers and customers. Individual will follow standard practices and policies in analyzing situations and data and solve a range of straightforward problems.
DUTIES (included but not limited to):
Ability to plan and execute project timelines for assigned categories, with guidance from manager.
• Demonstrated level of organizational ability and attention to detail
• Ability to translate objectives into project planning priorities, create and manage work plans and timelines for multiple projects and priorities, and finalize negotiations in the time-frame designated for the project
• Ability to be highly efficient and productive without sacrificing quality
Understanding or aptitude to learn the product categories assigned and how end-users interface with the products.
Understanding or demonstrated ability to learn in-depth aspects of portfolio:
• Product features and benefits
• Product comparisons between supplier offerings
• Operational impact to provider
• Interpretation and use of market information provided by global sourcing team
• With guidance from manager, Individual must be able to use knowledge about supplier to executive strategies, create leverage, and mitigate risks.
Strategy Development, Validation, and Risk Mitigation:
• Some assigned categories are handled through a simplified acquisition process (SAP), where the strategy is primarily pre-determined. Other assigned categories are handled through a comprehensive acquisition process (CAP) that require strategy development. For these categories, the individual will develop the strategy with the guidance of their manager. Individual will seek guidance of manager for risk issues and agreed upon risk mitigation strategies.
• Under general supervision, the individual is responsible for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Including market research, bid preparation, RFI/RFP, contract negotiations, and contract launch.
• CAP category strategies and final awards must be presented and validated by customer-led Advisory Boards and a customer-led, executive-level Supply Chain Board.
• Individual's board presentations must be well prepared, concise, and articulated clearly.
Supplier and Customer Relationship Management:
• Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review new products/technologies as they arise in assigned categories.
• Build stable working relationships with customers with interaction primarily being through member advisory/supply chain board presentations.
Communications are primarily focused on effective and efficient communications with internal stakeholders and suppliers, with limited communication to customers.
Major Communications Include:
• Facilitate conversations with internal functional team during project kick-off to gather feedback, opinions, and alignment of resource needs to meet contracting initiative timelines
• Communication of bid process, negotiation status, agreement on terms, financial proposal concerns and other matters with supplier and internal team
Collaboration required with functional team throughout sourcing process:
• With legal staff on development and finalization of contract
• With financial analysts on assessing supplier proposals
• With board leads on meeting with advisory boards
• With contract analysts on product/price loading of awarded agreements
• With portfolio specialists and communications on contract launch/implementation
• With account management in their customer-facing duties related to the portfolio
Financial & Operational Goals:
• Meet/exceed financial & operational goals in the annual contracting plan.
Policies & Procedures:
• Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiatives ensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures and standards of business conduct.
• Resolve supplier and/or customer issues, as escalated by Portfolio Specialist.
• Maintain strong customer relationships and build trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Customers are internal and external.
• Work with HealthTrust audit team to assist and facilitate engagement and finalization of audit projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to create or interpret potentially complex financial models
• Maintain grace under pressure while displaying a high level of professionalism
• Align internal and external resources to achieve objectives
• Pay attention to details
• Work effectively as part of a team
• Comprehend, and interpret complex instructions, proposals, and contract language
• Listen and separate ancillary information from the primary content being communicated, ask appropriate questions to clarify and confirm understanding
• Excellent oral, written communication skills, and presentation skills
• Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products, proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
To be considered for the Contracts Manager II role you will need:
• Accredited College Bachelor's Degree preferred (Supply Chain, Healthcare, Business, Finance)
• 1 - 3 years of relevant work experience preferred. Ideal candidate will have experience in strategic sourcing and negotiating a variety of contracts in the [Insert Contracting Area].
• Strategic sourcing
• Contract negotiation
• Contract management
• Supply chain operations
• Materials management / purchasing
• Contracting financial analysis
• Healthcare knowledge is a plus
HealthTrust strengthens provider performance and supports clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. With headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, we serve over 1,600 hospitals and health systems, and more than 43,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
We operate as a limited partnership with HCA Healthcare as the managing general partner. Our membership roster is split equally between for-profit and not for profit hospitals across the U.S. and the U.K.
As a HealthTrust associate, you will join the HCA Healthcare family 270,000+ strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for our Contracts Manager II, Purchased Services opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.