The Director of Research Administration will lead a team of research support personnel in translating clinical needs into analytic questions, design and conduct rigorous analyses of health related data, and translate analytic findings into actionable intelligence for our faculty and residents.
At HCA Healthcare, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Director of Research Administration like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Oversee, mentor, and guide a dedicated and team of data analysts and other research support staff
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and HCA regulations, policies, procedures, and audit requirements in the use of patient data for research purposes
- Contribute to the development of training, tools, and process documentation for both the department and for assigned projects
- Perform data analyst functions that generate knowledge via data mining, visualization, or other analytics. Serve as a resource to others performing this work. Lead the creation of best practices, resources, and tools that enable new analytical capabilities.
- Constructing and manipulating large electronic claims datasets, knowledge in domain modeling, relational database design, programming language(s),SAS, data transfer methods, and electronic health record and health care claims standards and/or analytical techniques used in research programs.
- Developing study designs and analytic solutions based on available data sources, business partner’s needs, and timelines;
- Managing multiple projects related to a wide variety of business settings and clinical needs;
- Collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze needs and requirements;
- Presenting data or analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, graphs, figures and tables)
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of statistical principles and analysis considerations taken into account during planning of research.
- Consult on and provide direct technical support for research projects of high complexity and often requiring solutions not previously used by the project team or work group.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of terminologies and coding procedures used in research and the health care environment.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited master’s degree program providing training in a research related field, statistics, informatics, or related field of study or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required, with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in relevant field and a minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible related experience may be substituted for the Master's degree
- Experience in health services research environment.
- Experience with large health care data sets including, electronic health records, Medicare claims, or other health care claims data sets preferred.
- SAS, R, SPSS or Tableau experience is strongly preferred.
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Director of Research Administration opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.