SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Patient Care Technician - Med/Surg
Location: Medical City Las Colinas
Medical City Las Colinas, built in 1997, is a 100 bed full service, acute-care facility offering a wide range of services to the community and families we serve. At Medical City Las Colinas, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients and our people. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
- Generous tuition reimbursement, Student Loan repayment and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA’s Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
The Patient Care Technician
- Assists the licensed staff with basic patient care functions, which includes but is not limited to bathing, ambulating, toileting and feeding patients. In addition, picking up meal trays, taking vital signs
- Assists nursing staff by performing bedside glucose checks, foley catheter care including discontinuation of foley, urine collection, tracheostomy care and simple dressing care
- Responsible for performing the clerical tasks and receptionist duties to include: answering all phone calls and patient intercom calls, transcribing physician orders, assembling/maintaining charts for admitted patients, preparing charts for HIM department for discharged patients, and entering orders into the Meditech system
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
- BLS, issued by the American Heart Association certification required
- C.N.A. preferred
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred
- Previous patient care technician experience preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.