Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at St. David's South Austin Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse you can be a part of change.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Labor and Delivery (L&D) unit, you will coordinate and provide patient care for all assigned patients. You will conduct initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, develop an individualized patient care plan, provide family-centered patient teaching, identify and correct variances from the patient care plan, and facilitate discharge planning and teaching.
* You will complete an admission interview upon patient arrival and completely document the patient assessment
* You will identify changes in the patient’s condition and act promptly and appropriately to report changes to the physician or charge nurse
* You will assess and document patient educational needs and instructions given upon admission and throughout hospitalization
* You will provide psychological and social support to the patient and family
* You will facilitate interdisciplinary discharge planning
* You will accurately administer and legibly document medications
* You will keep the physician and/or Clinical Nurse Coordinator aware of significant information or changes related to the patient and family
* You will continuously evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
* You will provide individualized nursing interventions based on the plan of care, and document patient responses to interventions
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Registered Nurse, Certified in Inpatient Obstetrics (RNC-OB) – preferred
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility’s full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.