DescriptionSHIFT: Work From Home
Description - External
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services with HCA Healthcare
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a work from home Data Abstractor II to join our team. Come be a part of the change!
As a Data Abstractor II you will be responsible for abstraction.
What you will do in this role:
• Completes abstraction process for assigned facility(ies), including abstraction of cases into the required system (e.g., COMET, TheraDoc, Digital Innovations, NHSN, etc.)
• Responsible for reviewing medical records to abstract information according to the standards of various regulatory and accreditation agencies (e.g., CMS, TJC, NHSN, etc.)
• Performs timely abstraction to ensure compliance with standards. • Completes edit checks and makes appropriate changes on a timely basis
• Follow standards and CSG/Parallon instructions to abstract all reportable cases
• Assist with case follow‐up as requested
• Attend educational activities as approved by Manager or Director
• Maintain clinical knowledge of various abstracted measures
• Communicate in a timely manner with manager to achieve measure compliance
• Submit data timely through the appropriate reporting system
• Resolve errors resulting in the rejection of records from the data entry system
• Participates in required continuing education programs and annual reorientation
REQUIRED: Undergraduate (Associate or Bachelor) degree in a healthcare related field. Extensive experience (5 years or more) may be considered in lieu of formal education.
PREFERRED: Completion of a certified coding or nursing program
3-5 years in Health Information Management; Coding, Nursing, and/or Health Registry abstraction experience
Cardiovascular Data Abstraction Experience Required
PREFERRED: RHIT, RHIA, CCS, LVN or RN
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.