About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
Benefits: (Ancillary Union & Non Union positions)
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan assistance program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Sonographer II Reg? At Las Palmas Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At Las Palmas Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Sonographer II Reg like you to be a part of our team.
A diagnostic medical sonographer, or ultrasound technologist, is a person who uses ultrasound machines to view and interpret images with sound waves for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Cardiovascular, GI, GU, GYN conditions and diseases including but not limited to: cholecystitis, BPH, oncology, uterine fibroids, fetal ultrasound, etc.
1. Operate ultrasound equipment to its full capability with knowledge of an A-mode, M-mode, B-mode, Doppler, and real time techniques, selecting the proper transducer frequency and diameter for performance of the examination.
2. Maintains production and quality of images by following established standards and procedures; capable of recognizing a diagnostic quality scan as well as artifacts from anatomic/pathologic structures.
3. Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
4. Ensures operation of ultrasound equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
5. Maintains ultrasound supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
6. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
9. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
10. Prepares patient for ultrasound procedure by positioning patient; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
11. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
12. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
13. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
14. Receives verbal orders for examinations from a licensed practitioner.
1. Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability, seeks opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt to change.
2. Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers by adhering to ICARE standards.
3. Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
4. Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
5. Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
6. Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
7. Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
8. Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
9. Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information management policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
10. Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
11. Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
12. Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
13. Environment of care: Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the Environment of Care program.
14. Job Specific: Registered Sonographer
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical demands require performing all essential functions of this position as assigned. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, back support belts, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
Registered by the ARDMS or ARRT (S)
Current BCLS certification
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
At least two years of experience/training in diagnostic ultrasound in at least two specialty areas (i.e. abdomen and Ob/Gyn)
Extensive experience with available Ultrasound equipment in terms of product evolution, troubleshooting and quality control
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region’s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women’s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Sonographer II Reg opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.