SHIFT: Work From Home
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(k), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. In addition to base salary, this position is also eligible for an annual incentive. Incentive measures may include HCA financial performance, line of business financial performance, quality, operational indicators or performance goals.
Regional Health Information Management (HIM) Director
The Regional HIM Director (RHIMD) is responsible for assisting in the development and evolution of the overall strategy for the Company’s operations in the HIM Service Center (HSC). The RHIMD is responsible for oversight of all HIM operational processes, employees and workflow, including but not limited to, incomplete record management, facility acquisitions, vendor management, HIM transcription, release of information (ROI), record retrieval and reconciliation, tumor registry, trauma registry, unbilled reporting, HIPAA/Privacy, records management, and birth certificates as applicable. The RHIMD interprets policies and procedures, recommends changes as appropriate, and provides relevant feedback. The RHIMD assists the HSC COO with the oversight and implementation of HSC operational planning, service level agreements, budgets, workflow processes and internal controls. As the RHIMD, this person serves as a key promoter of the HSC and is responsible for setting the tone of the center as a service organization, continuously seeking to understand, meet, and exceed customer expectations and needs.
Implementation Duties (included but not limited to):
• Assists the COO in reviewing progress against business case expectations and operational metrics to ensure that financial and operational risks are properly managed.
• Works with the Parallon HIM team on various implementation/acquisition activities and projects.
• Oversees pre‐acquisition facility activities, including but not limited to forms management, record management, facility HIM operational assessments, action planning, and staff education.
• Manages and/or assists the HIM Leaders with the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF)/ McKesson Patient Folder (MPF) and Parallon HIM pre‐ migration/implementation activities, including but not limited to, FTE baselining and management, forms management, interface workbook development, operational assessment, action planning, productivity monitoring, ROI management, record storage and destruction management,
staff education, and HIM operations clean‐up.
• Takes an active role in ensuring each facility is managing their medical record forms including, but not limited to, compiling a comprehensive inventory that includes adherence to proper design requirements, bar coding standardization, labeling with patient identifiers, size, and ongoing strategic forms management planning.
• Understands integration efforts and participates in document mapping for integrity of the Legal Health Record.
• Assists the Facility HIM Leaders with planning, preparation and integration of facility HIM functions/processes into the HSC.
Operational Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Manages, coaches and provides overall direction and guidance to the facility, Facility HIM Leaders, Operation Managers, and Transcription Managers to ensure accurate and efficient HIM and transcription processes.
• Works with the Facility HIM Leaders, Operations Managers and Transcription Managers to identify and resolve internal and external issues.
• Ensures each facility HIM team, operations team and transcription team are actively working their applicable HPF work queues and unbilled reports/queues.
• Responsible for oversight of unbilled management tool data as well as effective management of action plans to achieve unbilled goals.
• Works collaboratively with each facility’s leadership team to ensure customer satisfaction and efficient work processes/handoffs.
• Assists the Facility HIM Leaders in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with ancillary departments and unit managers to ensure optimal record management, including thinned record process and loose reports, record pick up and discharge record reconciliation.
• Assists the Facility HIM Leaders in working collaboratively with Medical Staff and Facility Leadership to comply with standards and guidelines enforced through the Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules and Regulations, (e.g., suspension of privileges) and is responsible for facilitation and execution of physician notification processes regarding medical record documentation deficiency, delinquency and suspension.
• Assists the Facility HIM Leaders in serving as a liaison between the HSC and Facility Leadership, including the Medical Staff Leadership, and builds and maintains strategic working relationships with the facility and department leadership (working through specific issues, committee meetings, monthly updates, etc.).
• At times assist the Facility HIM Leaders in preparing for or assisting with external agency (e.g., The Joint Commission, Board of Health) reviews of the facility.
• Responsible for HSC operations, facility based HIM operations and transcription, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, compliance and standards fulfillment as defined in HSC SLAs.
• Proactively manages, including corresponding communications and escalation paths, significant issues in HSC operations, facility based HIM operations and transcription (e.g., backlogs, turnover), status of projects, barriers and successes.
• Works collaboratively with the ROI vendor to monitor billable and non‐billable ratios and to stay abreast of customer concerns and turnaround times.
Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management required.
Minimum 10 years HIM operations experience strongly preferred.
Minimum 7 years health care management/leadership experience required.
Experience leading large organizations preferred.
Consulting or proven work experience in areas of process reengineering, shared services, and project management strongly preferred.
RHIA or RHIT required
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA Healthcare, a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.