SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia’s Chippenham Hospital, has been committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over 100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units.
Tucker Pavilion – The Leader in Behavioral Health:
- 137 Bed Psych Hospital offering of care continuum – crisis team on site, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia’s Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings – yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
- Four Child Psychiatrists
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
The Behavioral Health Practitioner will report directly to the Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health Services at Tucker Pavilion. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Completes Psychosocial Assessment, conducts ongoing assessments of psychosocial needs and documents Discharge Recovery Goals with interventions on the Recovery Care Plan
- Collaborates with behavioral health recovery team, patient, significant other as appropriate and community partners in the development and revision of the recovery plan and coordination of services.
- Monitors patient acuity/progress and coordinates discharge planning as evidenced by documentation.
- Facilitates psycho-educational groups and family meetings to prepare for post-hospitalization treatment needs.
- Provision of supervision for licensed eligible Master’s prepared employees and interns.
- Maintains current knowledge of community resources and post-hospitalization treatment options. Facilitates transition to the appropriate next level of care.
- Has working knowledge of utilization management functions and performs these duties as assigned; monitors patient acuity to determine ongoing treatment needs and level of care required to meet such needs.
- Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff and actively participates in quality management activities.
- Provides ongoing education for the members of the interdisciplinary treatment team related to ethical, psychosocial and discharge planning issues.
- Participates in Quality/Process Improvement initiatives.
- Assumes responsibility for completing all mandatory educational, health screening, CPR, and CPI requirements within designated time frame.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
- Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited school of Social Work or Master Degree in Counseling or Psychology from an accredited school (Required)
- Licensed in the State of Virginia as Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) (Required)
- Minimum 2-5 years behavioral health clinical experience commensurate with educational level (Required)
- Acute care behavioral health clinical experience. (Preferred)
- Recent experience with QM, UM, commercial precertification and discharge planning. (Preferred)
- Experience in leading therapeutic services including individual, group, and family therapy (required)
- Discharge planning and individual/group/family therapy experience (Preferred)
- Experience in development and executing clinical treatment plans.
- Extensive knowledge and background using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy tools (preferred)
- Prior experience in a Partial Hospitalization Programs (preferred)
- Day Shift
- No weekends
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship for Dependents
- Paid Family Leave
- 401k Company Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Paid Family Leave
- Time Away from Work Programs
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.