SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia’s Chippenham Hospital, has been committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over 100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units.
Tucker Pavilion – The Leader in Behavioral Health:
- 137 Bed Psych Hospital offering of care continuum – crisis team on site, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia’s Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings – yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
- Four Child Psychiatrists
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
The Behavioral Health Social Worker will report directly to the Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health Services at Tucker Pavilion. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provides initial and ongoing behavioral health assessments for patients/families having complex behavioral health needs. Demonstrates objectivity and the ability to prioritize.
- Facilitates psychotherapy and psycho-educational services to enhance skills and promote recovery.
- Collaborates with the health care team and develops treatment goals and plans intervention that assist the patient and family to resolve psychosocial concerns that may arise as a result of illnesses, engagement in high risk social behaviors (i.e. substance abuse), limited finances and/or physical disabilities.
- Provides crisis, individual, family, and group therapy to enhance the patient’s and family’s problem solving and coping skills. Counsels patient/families regarding safety and recovery plans.
- Educates patients and families to the patient’s needs to promote healing and recovery.
- Documents assessments, treatment goals, interventions, outcomes, and plans in a patient’s medical record congruent with department policies.
- Provides ongoing education for the other members of the health care team related to ethical, psychosocial and recovery issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends related to social work health care issues through attendance and active participation in continuing education and professional organizations.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team
- Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited school of Social Work or Master Degree in Counseling or Psychology from an accredited school. (Required)
- Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited school of Social Work (Preferred)
- Current licensure as appropriate (LCSW or LPC) or license eligible. (Preferred)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Experience in leading therapeutic services including individual, group, and family therapy. (Required)
- Experience in developing and executing clinical treatment plans. (Required)
- Two years of experience in a behavioral health treatment setting. (Required)
- Extensive knowledge and background using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy tools. Prior experience in Partial Hospitalization Programs. (Preferred)
- Day Shift
- No weekends
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship for Dependents
- Paid Family Leave
- 401k Company Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Paid Family Leave
- Time Away from Work Programs
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.